Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Favorite Oatmeal

Put 1 cup old fashioned oats in a small pot with 2 cups of water.
Allow to simmer for just a couple of minutes or until oats are done to your desired texture.
(I like mine to have a bite)
Turn off fire and put in 1 T. coconut oil, 1 T. brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon. Stir.
Put in bowl and top with a little milk or cream.

If I'm adding in raisins or fruit I do this when I start my oats.
Ones I like are:
raisins, dates, dried cranberries, diced peaches, diced apples, but my favorite is a handful of blueberries.

For me this makes 3 servings. 

Oatmeal refrigerates well so sometimes I make a big pot and just reheat it in the microwave. After you stir in a little milk it looks the same as fresh cooked.

Many people soak their oats overnight.  It is suppose to help with the digestion and I sometimes do this but usually I forget and don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment