Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sugar Cut-Outs, Just Because

I try to make a home baked goodie for my husband & son to take to work with their lunches.  They both work at the machine shop. 
Anyway, I usually make cupcakes or drop cookies. In fact I think I make sugar cookies about 2x a year.  Christmas & Valentine's day.  I'm not sure why I don't make them more, but I just don't. 
After seeing a picture on Pinterest I decided to bake some up.
*I just love these old cookie cutters. They were my Mom's and the rolling pin was my Grandma's*

Recipe:

Wet ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco
2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla

Combine well with mixer.

Then add in the dry ingredients:

1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
5 1/2 cups flour

Mix it all well.

Roll & cut out on floured surface.

Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.  They will not look completely done but don't over bake.

Frost with a mixture of powdered sugar, milk, & food coloring, if desired.

*I used hot pink*
 
Funny thing is when the kids came in they were wondering what the occasion was...  I said just because I love ya'll!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment