Monday, July 22, 2013

Soup base/starter


We've still got some tomatoes & peppers coming in.  So yesterday, and again today, I'll be making what I call soup base or starter.
Put in a big pot some fresh tomatoes, and any other veggies you may have laying around.
This round I put in tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, zucchini, garlic, and some fresh basil.  Any seasonings you like as well. I used some chicken bullion, salt, pepper, & parsley.  Allow to simmer about 30 minutes to an hour. (As thick or juicy as you like it) 
Let cool and then package in freezer bags. 
You can use this for vegetable soup, chili, or pasta.
For a quick dinner I will probably bring it to a boil and add in some type of noodle like little shells or egg noodles.  (Veggie soup)
Cooked Italian sausage or hamburger is good added in too if your husband is like mine & thinks you need meat for it to be a meal.  ;)
*lay the bags flat to freeze & you will save room*

No comments:

Post a Comment