Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day on a Budget

Here is what we have planned for Father's Day:

1. Dad gets a breakfast burrito and coffee.
2.  We will let Dad open up his new shorts (you can wear shorts to church here)
3.  Church.
4.  Home to open up his 'manly pool float'   (It's a chair type thing with cup holders for the pool)
5.  He gets to relax in the pool with a drink while in the front yard the kids and I will detail his truck.
6.  Lunch is:  BBQ chicken, macaroni salad, and bacon wrapped jalapenos (he loves those), brownies
7.  My son is going to take him fishing for the evening.
(Daughter & I have something to do at my mom's church this evening)

I think his favorite will be the truck & if we paid to have that done it would be around $100.  Out to eat about $50.  My son is paying for gas in the boat.  So we're saving a lot but still Dad gets a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment