Monday, June 17, 2013

Baked Blueberry Oatmeal

I've seen this type of recipe around for a while so I thought I'd try it out.  I made this recipe 3 days ago and this morning I ate some of the left-over.  (Still just as good!)  I love recipes like this where you can have extras for another day because I'm not that much of a morning person & I really don't like to cook most mornings.  You could make this without the blueberries & probably use strawberries or whatever you like or just leave out the fruit all together.  I'm eating mine with a turkey sausage patty and lightly drizzled sugar-free maple syrup. 

Baked blueberry oatmeal

1/2 c. blueberries
2 cups oats
 2 eggs or 3 egg whites
1/4 cup sweetener (I used truvia)
1 T. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt

 Soak your oats over night or at least an hour in water.
Drain and then mix everything together. Except blueberries.
Put into a 9x9 greased baking dish and spread it out.
Sprinkle with berries.
Bake, uncovered,  at 350* about 30 minutes or until set.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment