Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Maleficent

Yesterday a couple of friends & I took our children to see Maleficent in 3D.  I have to say I actually enjoyed this movie.  I love the twists on fairy tales type of thing and this did not disappoint. 

It did have a few 'spooky' looking characters & big action/fight scenes and some deaths so maybe think twice if you have a really young child that is uncomfortable with those types of things.

There were 2 scenes where there is a kiss but not inappropriate at all.

I don't want to give away too much but I've also read where people are actually saying this lifts up the devil and things by her costume, etc.  Well, I didn't see it that way at all. She is a fairy and that is why she looks as she does & also she is not always evil.  Really, I get a little tired of everyone trying to distort everything to their own advantages.  It's a movie, it's fiction,  & it's entertaining. I personally did not have a problem with anything here going against my personal beliefs. 

I would definitely recommend this movie & give it 5 stars!

If you like fairy tales too I also suggest watching Once Upon a Time.  It is on ABC and past episodes are available on Netflix streaming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment